Oatifix: Lush Saved My Skin Again

Sunday is my least favourite day of the week. I often find myself asking what I've achieved in the week and usually, it's not a lot but on Sundays, I like to try and feel as though I have my s*** together just a little bit. This usually ends up in me rejuvenating my skincare. I like to think that focusing my attention on my skincare, my life might magically sort itself out - of course, this isn't going to happen but it's something that gets me through days like today. Skincare for me is very day orientated, most days I can barely be bothered to take my makeup off and others I'm using three different types of cleansers and toners before putting on an overnight mask. But, occasionally I like to pick up and try out a new facemask. Unlike most people, I don't see much difference when I put on a facemask like my skin feels good but other than that, it's almost as though it's had no effect. Which is why I'm always on the hunt for something new to try so I can actually see a difference in my skin.



As most of you already know, I have a huge obsession with Lush and it's products. I would try any product in there. I've used a couple of their facemasks before, Mask of Magnaminty and Catastrophe Cosmetic, and enjoyed them. I was particularly fond of Catastrophe Cosmetic - it was cooling and soothing and packed full of blueberries. I wandered into Lush to pick up another and instead chose Oatifix. This is recently returned to Lush and I was intrigued. It's packed full of bananas and oats and promises to moisturise dry skin. I haven't got particularly dry skin but after taking my makeup off, my skin could use a bit of moisture so I thought I'd give this one a go. You can see in the top picture that mine is almost empty and I'm already planning on popping back into the store to get another one.




As first impressions go, this facemask smells amazing. It's the first thing you notice when you open the little tub - it may be small but there is so much product inside. It's made with bananas, oats and almonds and the delicious scent makes you want to eat it. It promises to 'eradicate dead skin, leaving you soft, supple and moisturised'. I think it lives up to this promise. The actual face mask is super thick, it's like rubbing cookie dough all over your face. The product crumbles and does fall off your face but you have to persevere. I find that wetting the face first helps to smooth this product evenly over the skin. I'm not a fan of really thick or lumpy masks as I find them really difficult to wash off which is why I haven't repurchased Mask of Magnaminty yet but this one is worth it.

My skin feels and smells amazing after using it. I kind of want to put it all over my body for half an hour and see what happens. It's honestly fantastic. I would recommend this to anybody especially if you have dry skin, this is a lifesaver. I think that during summer this will be the perfect thing to clean my skin while keeping it moisturised.

As ever, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and read this post.

Tiffani x

Comments

Popular Posts