April Playlist

Ciao beautiful people. It's been a little while since I posted due to some unfortunate circumstances but I've finally gotten around to writing up my April playlist. It's a little late but better late than never, right? I made a promise on my last playlist blog post that I'd do a little monthly update of my favourite songs for that month so, here it is. I want to just say that not all of these songs are new, in fact, most of these are quite old but I constantly find myself rediscovering music. I think that's part of the beauty of music, you can forget about something but the moment you hear it again it's just the same as when you first listened to it.




Freaky Friday, Lil Dicky feat. Chris Brown
I don't want to spend a lot of time talking about this song because it's one of those ones you can't help but love. I hate that I love it. It's such a mainstream song but the chorus is so catchy. This is one of those songs you can't help but sing along too on the radio or dance when out. It's too catchy.

Flames, David Guetta feat. Sia
I'm a huge fan of David Guetta and Sia, who isn't? I loved their first collaboration with Titanium and She Wolf and honestly, think that these two are the dream team. They make beautiful music together. Flames is no different. It's a passionate song which is super catchy and perfect for the summery weather we've been experiencing over the bank holiday. Sia's voice is incredible and unique alongside the slow tempo of the track. It's superb. I haven't watched the music video yet but I'm sure it will be as amazing as the others, not only do the pair make good songs but the videos are always fantastic too.

Sanctify, Years and Years
Years and Years is a band that I love but don't actively follow. I like their music but I often forget about them. But this song is unforgettable. Sanctify is dark. It's dark-pop and that's totally my thing. I love songs with darker meanings as they're often raw and present a kind of reality other music wouldn't. I also find that the lyrics are stunning. This song is no different. The chorus is captivating, 'sanctify my body with pain, sanctify the love that you crave' - I'm in love with the religious imagery in the lyrics and the music video. There's an addictive quality to this song. The magic of this song comes from its obvious gayness. The queer aesthetic is everything in this song, it's transformative.

Innocence, Halestorm
For me, a female-fronted rock band is everything! I love rock music and with a female vocalist, I'm almost always going to fall in love with them. I started listening to Halestorm some years ago and I'm still in love with their music. This song, in particular, is one of my favourites. It's from one of their earlier albums but still remains one of my most listened to song. It's just, without sounding odd, a really sexy song.

This is Gospel, Panic! At The Disco
I haven't been living under a rock, I promise. I've been aware of Panic! At The Disco for a long time now but it wasn't until the other week that I rediscovered them with this song. This is Gospel captivated me the moment I heard the chorus. It's honestly some of the most powerful vocals I've ever experienced, not because it's complicated or a classic but because of the simplicity. There is so much emotion in this song and it shows in the lyrics. Brendon Urie is a fantastic vocalist. His range is absolutely incredible and this song shows just how powerfully he feels in his music. I've mentioned already that I like lyrics with links to religion and this song is no different. There's a very personal journey within the music and it's inspired by gospel music, which lends the song its name.
The acoustic version of this song is close to transcendental. I have no words to describe how much I love this song, it's exactly the music I needed back in my life and it makes me think so much about everything that's happening in my own life. It's so reflective. There are moments when the lyrics 'if you love me let me go' speak to us all and it's beautiful.

Emperor's New Clothes, Panic! At The Disco
Emperor's New Clothes is a sequel to This is Gospel which sees's a transformation from the previous song from love to a desire for power. There's something evil within the song and the music video with Urie making a literal transformation into a demon. This song is about winning, about 'the crown, so close I can taste it, I see what's mine and take it' - the song is about creative control and Urie being able to stand up and take what is his. There are so many references to movies and mystical worlds within the lyrics it's beyond poetic. This song is something that I can't help but sing along with, it makes me feel happy and like I can take on the world. It serves as a transformation for myself into a stronger version of myself, like I can do anything and I deserve to.

Say Amen (Saturday Night), Panic! At The Disco
From their latest album, Say Amen is a prequel told in This is Gospel and Emperor's New Clothes. The video shows Urie fighting off a hoard of baddies, in a sequence, not dissimilar Kick-Assss. He is eventually injured which leads onto the hospital vibes from This is Gospel. I'm a huge fan of the linking music videos and how they tell a story, so this was a winner for me. Again, this song is riddled with religious meaning. Honestly, this song is just as catchy as the rest of their music and perfect for the gym.

Fighter, In this Moment
I have to admit this song and this band, in general, are quite heavy. This is a metal band that deals with past traumas, experiences and darkness within their music. This is a slow tempo track about a woman overcoming her life and becoming a powerful creature. It's about being a fighter and not needing to be saved, she can save herself. It's both a sad but uplifting song if that makes sense. This is another great gym track because it's so raw and motivational.

Him & I, G-Eazy feat. Halsey 
This is a little extra one that I did realise I'd done but here it is. For me, Halsey is one of those artists that are incredibly popular but you don't hear much of her music around. This is the first that, which she features in, that I've heard on the radio and it's just not right. Her music is incredible, a beautifully unique experience. Gasoline and New Americana are always stuck in my head because they're stunning and Halsey deserves so much more attention that she's getting. This song has that crazy love vibe, like Bonnie and Clyde-esque. It's intense and so beautiful. I'd listen to any Halsey song, 'cross my heart and hope to die.'


I feel as though I really prattle on with posts like these but I'm really bad at describing music so you'll just have to bear with me through these monthly posts, you never know, I could get better. Anyway, these are some of the tracks that I've been listening to on repeat. I would put more on here but I need something for next month too. Obviously, there are some very different tracks on this post, it literally fluctuates between chart music to heavy metal. I'm pretty easy going when it comes to music, I'll listen to anything as long as it's not just pure screamo. I love a variety.

As ever, thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and read this post.

Tiffani x

Comments

Popular Posts