International women's day

Hello chicas, HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY!! I hadn't really planned on posting but it's international women's day and I couldn't miss that, could I? Firstly, I want to apologise for the lack of posts but I've been really busy with work and unmotivated to write but I'm trying to change that and get back into the swings of things. Secondly, today at work I sat in an assembly which said something along the lines of 'we have to be the change which we want to see.' This was a general topic that led to the topic of Internation Women's Day and how this day is about celebrating women in a way that is not discriminatory. He made a point that there are so many people in the world that are discriminated against every day and that this day, in particular, was about one thing: equality. 



Equality is something incredibly important to me. I would describe myself as a feminist and as such, I believe that every human being should be equal. We should have equal rights and be treated the same no matter our gender, sexuality, race or anything. I remember last year I wore a shirt that said 'feminist' on it and I was immediately questioned about it by an older family member. They assumed that it was something bad, that I hated men and was probably one step away from burning my bra. The reality was, I bought a shirt I liked because I agree with the message. Nothing more or less but I had to explain myself as though the term 'feminist' wasn't enough. Honestly, for me, it's as simple that we're all human beings and we all deserve to be treated the same regardless of something like gender.

You may be questioning why I chose pictures of myself for this blog post (you may not). I believe that on a day like today it's important to celebrate all the women in your life, those that inspire you daily like family members and friends, but also celebrities or writers, or a random woman you met once. Like all these people in our lives, I think that it's also important to celebrate ourselves. I'm a woman and it's International Women's Day and I can celebrate myself and my gender. If you have a problem with that then you're probably on the wrong blog. Self-love isn't something that comes naturally to most of us but on a day like today, it's important to remember that you're amazing. 

It all comes down to freedom of choice. We're all human and deserve the same rights and opportunities. International Women's Day celebrates women in all different situations around the world and reminds us that not everybody has the same opportunity that we or others do. But I want to thank all the beautiful women that have helped to shape me into who I am today, continue to be bad ass b****es you always have been because today is for you. 

Thank you for sticking with me even when I forgot to post for two months. I cherish each and every one of you more than you could possibly know. 

Love,

Tiffani x




Comments

Popular Posts